Monday, July 29, 2013

Here There Be Sea Urchins

OK, now the title of my post probably makes it clear that I saw some sea urchins today and I will get to that in time. First, however, I have to rewind to last night. The combination of hot and tired is messing with my brain a bit so I forgot to mention that we had pancakes for dinner last night. I made up some milkless eggless batter (from a recipe I found on the Internet) and Alec and Gabriel cooked them up. Rachel had recovered enough by that time to eat a few. They were actually very good and are another cheap meal. So, in all probability, we've introduced a little more variety into our breakfast menu. I want to start making biscuits soon, but we need to buy a biscuit cutter first, lol.Before we move on with what happened today I have to share some “last night” pictures. They are: Ben with Titus tied on his back, Alec in his role as “Captain Magma” the superhero, and Caleb holding Titus without Titus screaming. Caleb wanted me to take a picture of it. It's not a rare thing, but I guess it makes him feel good that his baby brother likes him :) Anyway, here they are:Now we can move on to today. This morning after bakes Rachel started making fired green banana chips (Alec had actually made a small batch last night). They taste almost exactly like potato chips and nothing at all like bananas. The process was so successful and the product so delectable that we plan to buy a frying basket and make up loads at the time as a regular snack.A little later in the morning I took the kids down to the section of beach where I wanted to take some photographs. We tried to sneak out, but Felicity caught us as we were leaving so we took her as well. It ended up being me, Gabriel, Alec, Libby, Abby, Caleb, and Felicity.OK, that image went a littlw weird didn't it...It was at this location that I took all my underwater pictures. I had been snorkeling around for about 30 seconds when I popped up and told the boys to take the kids to the section of beach where we normally went. You'll be able to tell why from the pictures. Believe it or not I wasn't trying to take a lot of pictures of sea urchins. I was trying to get shots of the fish, but the urchins were all over. Also, the batteries in the camera died... we have got to get some rechargeable batteries for it... I would have got a lot more pictures had the camera held out. Obviously I need to go back with more battery power. I think I'm just going to sneak down there during one of my walks and not take any of the younger children with me. We don't need any of them stepping on one of those things.Anyways, when we got back Isaac began throwing a very loud and extended fit. After a few minutes Rachel came up with a way to solve his problem. Then she made herself a fruit smoothie out of frozen banana, fresh pineapple, and some ice.Rachel snapped a shot of Gabriel trying to take a nap before she started cooking pizza for dinner.Obviously, I snuck a couple of kid pictures in there for the grandparents. :)It's early, but I wrapping up here. We want to get some rest before tomorrow. It's probably going to be a long day. I'll try to get plenty of pictures. I'll also try to get pictures of anything else that happens tonight. For the moment, however, goodnight from Dominica!
Source:http://comingtodominica.blogspot.com/2013/07/here-there-be-sea-urchins.html

Here There Be Sea Urchins Images

by a sea urchin there s one ultimate revenge you can take eat the sea ...
(540 x 405 - 83.46 KB - jpeg)

Purple Sea Urchins -Our thanks goes to Marina Tidwell of Culver City ...
(713 x 522 - 54.97 KB - jpeg)

Here a reef fish swimming over the brownish coral
(800 x 600 - 260.72 KB - jpeg)

Sea urchin immune systems | Mystery Rays from Outer Space
(250 x 194 - 109.12 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment